Dear Parents/Guardians and Student,
Welcome to Bullard High School and Algebra 2. Our staff is dedicated to providing your child with the best educational opportunities in Fresno. Students will receive a challenging curriculum based on the California State Department of Education and Common Core Standards. The prerequisite for this course is the successful completion of Geometry. This course also counts as meeting part of the A-G requirements in math and 10 credits (5 per semester) of required Algebra 2 credit will be earned if the course is passed with a C or better. The text is Big Ideas Math Algebra 2. Students will have access to an online text and are also free to check a book out from the library.
Grades are categorized and assigned as follows based on Bullard Math Department policy:
A = 100-90%
B = 89-80%
C = 79-70%
D = 69-60%
F = 59% and below
Projects, Quizzes, Tests, Final 70%
Homework, Notebook, Miscellaneous 30%
Every student is to have the following supplies for Algebra 2:
- Notebook or Binder with lined paper
- Pencils (2 each day) and a pen (blue or black)
- Colored Pencils
- Glue Sticks (2)
- Highlighters (2 colors)
- Graph paper (if your notebook does not have graph paper in it)
- Scientific Calculator
Expectations for all students:
- Attend class when scheduled and be prepared.
- Complete all homework. Homework is assigned at every session:
- On-Line Assignments at bigideasmath.com are to be submitted by the due date posted
- Handouts from class or online are due the next class session
- A student who is absent any day has until the next session to make up the missed assignment without penalty (work can only be made up if the absence is excused). The student will be responsible for getting the missed assignment from BigIdeasMath.com or TEAMS.
- Individual tests will be given at the end of each unit. Each student is allowed to use one note card as a resource. Anything may be written on that card to assist the student during the test.
- The teacher is available during the District scheduled support time by appointment made in advance through Remind.
- Make sure your child attends all scheduled classes.
- Keep your phone number updated in the office in case we may need to contact you.
- Use ATLAS on a regular basis for daily homework, overall grades, periods tardy, and attendance.
- Make sure they have all supplies indicated on the list provided to you.
- Check the Bullard Algebra 2 website at bhsalg2.com regularly.
- Encourage your child to continue to work very hard. Your child has earned the right to be here through hard work and commitment to their education.
Rules: (must be followed at all times)
- Arrive on time and prepared
- Follow directions
- Check your language, tone, and words
- Stay on task to complete all work
- Use tablets as intended (stay on the website or program you were instructed to use)
- Use all materials as intended
- Return all borrowed materials
- Be respectful of others
- Be responsible
- All tests and the final, whether on paper or online, are to be completed by the student without any help or input of any kind by anyone else.
- All assessments of any kind or type must be done without the use of any electronic device including cell phones and graphing calculators. Online tests must be restricted to the website of the assessment. Other websites or navigation away from the testing site is prohibited. Scientific calculators are allowed.
- Students who pass on questions, answers, or any information of any type about an assessment to another student will also receive a zero for that assessment and will not be allowed to make it up.